Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is a Thanksgiving-themed freebie, so I chose the top ten books that I’m thankful for. These books have played a major role in my reading life and I usually re-read most of these books at least once a year because I just can’t get enough of them!
1. The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling: Surprise, surprise, looks who number one! I will forever treasure the Harry Potter series. This series was literally my childhood. I waited each year for a new book and cried like a baby when it all came to and end. I recently purchased the illustrated edition of the first book and I can’t wait to read this series all over again!
2. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot: Seriously, HANDS DOWN my favorite paranormal series EVER! I love the characters and the plot and it’s also HILARIOUS! This series was my middle school obsession and I can’t wait to read the seventh book that is coming out in FEBRUARY! AHHHH!
3. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: My best friend in elementary school actually recommended this book to me and I fell in love with Sarah Dessen’s writing after reading this book. Although her writing is typical and all her books follow the same formula, I think the simplicity of the writing is why I love her books so much.
4. The Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber: Another series that I was obsessed with in elementary school. I was really into vampire books and this little series is my favorite vampire series. I love all the characters, especially Raven because she is so bold and is not afraid to be who she is.
5. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: My first EVER CoHo book, as well as my first EVER new adult book. This book broke down the door and introduced my to the new adult genre. It has now become my favorite genre to read and it all started with this book right here!
6. Bright Side by Kim Holden: This book ripped me apart, left me in pieces, and shattered my heart…yeah, it’s that serious. This book taught me that life is short and you never know what can happen so you just have to give it your best shot. It made me realize that settling should NEVER be an option.
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: My FAVORITE classic ever and the reason why I read romance books. I love, love, love this book and all the characters and the sappy quotes that fill me with all the FEELS!
8. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: The first book I ever read by the QUEEN! This was my first fantasy book (besides Harry Potter) and this book ignited my love for fantasy books. I can’t get enough fantasy! The world building, the unique characters, the magic…it’s just all so GOOD!
9. The Marked Men series by Jay Crownover: I still not over the fact that this series is over. I don’t think I really need to explain why I love this series because I’m pretty sure you guys are all aware about my obsession with this series.
10. The Fifty Shades of Grey series by E.L. James: Okay, now before you go and say WTF, let me explain. This series got me back into reading. My co-workers constantly argued about this series for months (they still do) and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, so I read the series. While I have many issues with this series, I did get a good laugh so all that time spent was not such a waste!
That’s all for this Top Ten Tuesday! I also wanted to say that I am most thankful for my little four-legged friend, Kora, because without her I would be a total mess!
If you did a TTT feel free to leave a link in the comments below so I can see what you all are thankful for!